Do you dream of making the most of weekends with your family?
If the answer is yes, then you've found the right place!
If you're like most of our readers, you are a busy parent trying to succeed at work, raise smart and successful kids, pay the bills, save a little, and spend a little time with your husband or wife.
But something always seems to get in the way. There just never seems to be enough time or money.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Are you trying to get through the work week to get a break on the weekend?
- Do you want to travel but aren't sure how to afford it?
- Do you want to be intentional in spending time with your family on the weekends, but not sure what to do?
We Know How Your Feel: Our Journey From Overwhelmed Couple to Traveling Family
We know what it feels like to sprint to the weekend, only to wake up and it's Sunday evening and you have to get ready for another busy week.
For years, we also struggled to find enough money after paying bills and saving to travel. We also struggled to find meaningful ways to help our daughter learn and grow whether we were on a vacation or a staycation.
As working parents with full-time jobs, we acknowledge that there's a limited amount of time to achieve the goals for our family. But the solution is not to give up or not enjoy the time you have with your family. For many of us, working less just isn't an option, at least not right away. The solution is to find ways to save money and use our weekend time wisely.
If you're like us, that means quick weekend flights or road trips, finding fun things to do where we live, and spending time in worship.
Weekends Count Was Born
We knew God had something better for our family.
More than 300 blog posts later, Weekends Count is more than blog or a website. It's also a community where we can share what works for us and might help another family. We are passionate about helping families save time and money on fun weekend activities.
We are Dr. Jennifer and Dr. Tony Edwards. We work as college professors and administrators and have one brilliant and confident daughter.
Our Goal in Writing this Blog
Our mission at Weekends Count is to provide fun weekend activities for busy frugal families, frugal family vacation ideas for millennial couples, kids' learning activities for busy parents, parenting tips for busy parents, communication tips for busy couples, money waving tips for frugal families, work/life balance tips for busy frugal parents, and home organizing tips for busy families.
What Do You Need Help With?
We hope some of our most popular posts provide you with some quick wins:
Texas Travel Destinations
- 8 Tips for Planning All-Inclusive Carnival Cruises with Toddlers - An Affordable Family Vacation
- Top 10 Things to Pack for a Sea World Adventure (or Other Theme Park)
- 20 Ways to Enjoy the Gaylord Texan During #Summerfest! #Marriott
- So Many Things to Do at the Fort Worth Zoo! - A Great Opportunity for a Staycation
- Easy Ways to Incorporate Learning at the Children's Museum at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
- Construct Your Weekend Around the LegoLand Discovery Center in Grapevine - A Great Texas Adventure!
- Letterboxing in North Texas - A New Family Adventure in Almost Every Small Town (No Cost Geocaching)
- 3 Ways to Minimize Your Costs and Maximize Your Adventures While on Family Vacations
- Travel-Friendly Toddler Toys - Buy from Store for Knowledge!
- Tips for Traveling with Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
- Thank You Marriott! - Free Breakfast Everyday!
- How to Make the Most of One Day in San Antonio
- Staycation at LegoLand Discovery Center in Grapevine, Texas!
- Local Shopping Adventure in Fort Worth
- Just Add Milk on the Weekends for an Easy Science Experiment for Children
- Arts and Crafts with Michael's Kids Club
- The Sesame Street Bay of Play at SeaWorld San Antonio
Fun Family Activities
- The Sea Lions and Otters of Pacific Point Preserve at SeaWorld San Antonio
- Become a Texas Nature Trader with the Fort Worth Zoo This Fall
- 10 Easy Ways to Get Your Family Out of the Living Room and Into Nature
- Zipper Bag Activities - Two Reading and Math Activities for your 3, 4 or 5 Year Old
- 5 Innovative Ways You Can Use a Kids Cooking Set to Teach Your Children Science and Literacy
- The Top 10 Melissa and Doug Products That Are Ideal for Family Travel and Learning on the Go!
- Using the My Disney Experience Mobile App
- Learning About Natural Science at Disney Parks
- Learning About Physical Science at Disney Parks
- Learning About World History and Cultures at Disney Parks
- Learning About American History at Disney Parks
- 16 Ways to Make the Most of Your Disney Park Vacation Travel
- Why Making Weekends Count Is So Difficult for Families
- Four Ways Busy Moms Can Prepare for Kindergarten
- 7 Reasons Why Your Child Needs a GPS Tracking Device
- Unboxing Brandless - A Mail Order Company, for Millennials, Working Parents, and Senior Adults
- Cici's Pizza - Why Our Family Loves a Healthy, Hearty, Fun, & Affordable Alternative to the Everyday Meal!
- Experiencing the Seven Seas Food Festival at SeaWorld San Antonio
- Hot Pot Cooking Soup with RawSpiceBar: Chicken Soup with Winter Herbs
Our Products and Services
While the content on our blog and YouTube channel are free, we do plan to offer commercial products and services. For more information, check out our Store and Media Kit.
A Word About Affiliates
Some of the articles and videos we create contain affiliate links to products, services, and apps. If you click these links and make a purchase, we will receive a small commission for the sale. Ultimately, we only recommend products or services that we use or think our readers and viewers would find helpful.
Subscribe to Weekends Count PLUS - It's FREE!
The best way for you to stay in touch with Weekends Count is to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. We call it Weekends Count PLUS because it's filled with all of our latest blog posts and YouTube videos from the Weekends Count community. Best of all, we have a special gift just for subscribers!
It's completely free and we promise to keep your details private.